This is a wonderful dish for when you need to serve a bunch of people, but you are limited in the ingredients that you have on hand. You can also learn to make delicious chicken sausage.
You can and should freestyle with these ingredients you can make the dish your own. Below is my version.
- – Two boneless chicken breast fillets, whole, cut in half and cut into pieces
- – 3-4 Italian sausages
- – 1 box Krimpilze, a quarter
- – Cut 3 peppers – green, red or both – into wide strips
- 2 cups pickled peppers (optional)
- – 3 white potatoes, cut into pieces
- – ½ large box of whole tomatoes
- – 2 cloves of garlic, cut wide
- – 4-6 garlic cloves, cut into 3 pieces
- – olive oil, salt, and pepper
- – 1 cup of red wind
1. Place the sausage in a large frying pan. Puncture all over with a fork. Place ¼ inches of water in the pan then put the heat on high. The water will poach the sausage and render a large amount of fat. Ultimately, the water will completely evaporate and the sausage will Brown. After the sausage has browned, turn off the heat and place them on some paper towel to cool. Once cool, cut the sausages into inch circles and set aside.
2. Cook potatoes in salted water until half cooked. Remove from water and set aside
3. In a large Dutch oven, heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Set aside brown chicken pieces. Dutch oven deglaze with red wine
4. Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a Dutch oven and fry the peppers, onions, and garlic until soft.